Monday, June 11, 2012

3 New Changes in God's Eyes

Thanks to Confessions of a Homeschooler I have made 3 what I hope will be big changes for the kids and myself in the days, weeks, and months to come. My prayer is that the changes become routine before school starts back in August.


The first thing I have implemented are a house rules list (that I also took from COH) which you can find here in her 10 Days of Homeschooling Enrichment. Now my kids are ages 7, 5, and 3 years so for us it was a bit of a trip to the dentist for them to sit and listen, however I hope that the consistency of these rules help that. My biggest failure as a mother since their father and I separated is the guilt I have felt and the inconsistency it has caused me in disciplining them and rearing them in the way that God would have me to raise them.


The second thing I am implementing are chore charts for the 2 older kids and a behavior chart for the 3 year old.For me the biggest issue is teaching the 2 older kids that not all of the housework is my responsibility and they must learn to be a part of the family. My youngest child is still learning some basic behavior patterns such as not doing things that can hurt him, such as climbing on the top bunk or using unkind words with his brother or sister.


The third thing I am implementing is a creative correction consequence chart which can be found here, again from COH. As a family, the 4 of us, we sat down and went over each sin/offense and although I know it is going to take take and probably multiple infarction's before they completely understand the chart I greatly appreciate the scriptures that are with each sin and I love being able to give them a concrete example of God's rule from the bible.


My prayer for these 3 changes is that I can become more consistent as a mother and feel more confident in my abilities, as well as giving my children principles to grow on and a stronger foundation than the one I was previously providing them with. What changes have you made lately? Is there something you see becoming a problem and that needs correction? How do you see yourself approaching and do you think it will be difficult or easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment