Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bucket List: Day 1

Today was so amazing! I actually took time out to be with my kids and it made me smile like I haven't smiled in quite some time. We actually completed 2 items off our list today as we joined the Summer Reading Program at our local library (pictures to come throughout the summer for that) and we built a fort and lived in it all day (well at least until dinner time).


I am not as good at building forts as I used to be, when my brother and I were younger. However, I used what resources were available to me and made a pretty decent fort for us to use today. Prior to going in the fort we got lunch ready, and placed blankets on the floor. Once we finished eating we got all the pillows we could find and snuggled up under the fort while watching "The Labyrinth" on Netflix. For those 1980's children out there you totally understand the awesomeness that is David Bowie and his hair in that movie. 


Here are just a few shots of our adventure today, and this is also part of the list, me taking Instagram photo's and they also wrote/drew in their journals to catalog our journey together.



I loved today more than I think I will ever be able to describe. Memories are worth the effort they take to make and I plan on making lots of them with those sweet faces :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment