Sunday, June 17, 2012

For the Sake of Sanity




Yes I have had cause for a sanity check and it comes in the form of deciding on the path of homeschool. For our 1st year, which was this past year, I went a safe route and chose to do K12 through our state with just a 1st grader. Well this upcoming year I will have a 2nd grader and Kindergartener plus a preschooler, therefore I am even more skiddish than previously. I am confident in the curriculum provided by K12 but worry that it is going to be too much?

I know that I can adjust accordingly and the curriculum is mastery based, allowing the children to work towards an objective not completion of work. With that said, I believe if I can get one more year under my belt I will have the confidence and piece of mind to go the traditional route and pick and choose my curriculum.

For fear of over emphasizing this topic and boring you to death, what are your thoughts? How did your journey start and what were the results of the first year? Did you make any changes mid year, end year, were you ever disappointed at your original choices? I would just like some feedback to help me make some more informed decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment